Young people have come together from all over the region to attend the 5th International Youth Conference “Europan values for the future of SEE region”. 55 youth workers, leaders and active young people by coming together, evaluating, strongly holding on to and defending our beliefs as the young people have done, we together ensured a future of the tradition in implementing this conference. Young people were the embodiment of the 5th conference theme: “European Values for the Future of Southeast Europe”. The main issues and recommendations that were discussed during the conference were the following: - Young people from SEE countries and their active role in the approach of their communities to the EU; - The road towards European integration and reconciliation; - Western Balkan countries and their European perspective; - Regional cooperation as Precondition for European integration. The overview of the conference program in 2007 you can find on the following link. We were striving towards to send a clear message to all conservative forces and movements that we accept only the democracy as a state establishment, tolerance and companionship as a way of thinking, freedom of movement and thinking as a way of life.
- Developed of the joint youth platform for cooperation and
action of youth from the states of SE Europe towards strengthening the EU integration processes by
promoting democratic values and new views for the future;
- Contribution in the fulfilling the priorities from the agreement for Stabilization and association;
- Enabled platform for active participation in NGO sector in the direction that speed the process of EU integration of the region as a support of government activities of all countries from the region;
- Provided positive contribution to societies of the region in the EU integration process through joint regional approach to the problems of young people from the region;
- Young people sent clear message to all conservative forces and movements that we accept only the democracy as a state establishment, tolerance and companionship as a way of thinking, freedom of movement and thinking as a way of life;
- Promoted new values in the spirit of modern ambitions for EU integration - democracy, tolerance, multiculturalism;
- Developed youth movement and creation of permanent alternative forms of network which will promote European values and visions;
- Created conditions for development of “EU youth cultural capitals“ which will represent organizations that will contribute in the processes of integration in the region as an entity.
28th September 2007 - 1st of October 2007
Krusevo, Republic of North Macedonia
Stability Pact for South-eastern Europe sponsored by Germany